On Screen Keyboard is a powerful tool for screencasters. And Mac OS X has built in On Screen Keyboard Application, This tutorial will show you how to turn on this feature.
To Turn on the On Screen Keyboard:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click “International” Icons
- Go to the Input Menu tab
- Select your keyboard layout if you want to install additional language and keyboard layouts
- Click Show input menu in menu bar checkbox, you should have an flag icon(depends on language you’ve selected) and then click Keyboard Viewer
- you should see a keyboard viewer on your desktop that displays whatever your press on your keyboard.
You can make alias of this Keyboard Viewer, and put it in your /Application folder. Simply, just move the Application KeyboardViewerServer.app located in:
Paste it in your /Application folder(or wherever you like) and give it a nice icon ;) .